JOB SUMMARY: The Executive Director serves as chief administrative officer for the Board of Directors of CARES – Community AIDS Resource and Education Services – and is charged with implementing policies and programs for the overall benefit of its clients by providing direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, annual goals and objectives. CARES is the only community-based non-profit AIDS organization serving 11 counties in SW Michigan. CARES is the second largest HIV/AIDS service provider in the state, and is well respected by state departments and other non-profits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Education, or closely allied field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated responsible administrative leadership experience.
• Experience working with people affected by HIV/AIDS strongly desired.
• Experience demonstrating the ability to conceptualize, administer, evaluate, and communicate programs.
• Successful experience in general and financial management, fundraising, as well as strategic planning and program development.
• Demonstrated experience in advocacy, marketing, supervision, board and external relations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), and the ability to build alliances with all sectors of a diverse community.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience with a comprehensive benefits package. If you are passionate about guiding this dynamic organization and meet the qualifications listed above, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to searchcommittee@CARESswm.org.
CARES is an EOE employer. Application deadline: November 27, 2015.