The purpose of the Care Coordinator is to link and retain out of care HIV positive clients into medical care. These activities will be focused towards initiating, linking and sustaining optimal HIV medical care for clients. This position will work alongside HIV care teams to identify clients who are out of care, connect with those clients, assess their needs and refer to appropriate internal and external services. Also to assist clients in any barriers they have to their medical care. This may include housing, mental health,
substance abuse issues, etc…
• Responsible for direct client service contacts and adherence to MDHHS Universal Standards and standards for Medical and Non-Medical Standards Case Management in Michigan.
• Responsible for adherence assessments and working with clients not in treatment or attending
doctor visits. Creates plan to troubleshoot issues for clients not in medical care or not medication-adherent.
• Functions as a member of a cohesive medical team, triaging client needs, participating in program planning and designing and implementing services. Reviews client cases each week and reviews care plans for efficacy.
• Serves as liaison to support coordination of care between infectious disease, obstetric, primary care, and medical management care providers; and work with MDCH Partner Services (PS) as needed.
• Successfully complete and maintain the HIV case management certification process through MDCH.
• Maintain a timely documentation of interactions with person affected by HIV as well as other
• Assist the Support Team in maintaining relationship with other resource providers, including agencies, organizations and professionals willing to provide services for persons affected by HIV/AIDS.
• Refer individuals to support group and other programs of CARES (POP, Tobacco Cessation) based on individual need or interest.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, social work, health or related field and one year of case management experience; OR, any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Previous social services/healthcare experience
• Can work independently
• Previous experience working with the population a plus.
• Assess the needs of low-income people and identify appropriate solutions;
• Demonstrate tact, initiative and sound judgment under challenging circumstances;
• Work well with people of diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds;
• Maintain strict confidentiality;
• Network with community human resource agencies;
• Determine treatment plans based on client assessment;
• Initiate appropriate treatment or referrals;
• Prepare complete and accurate reports and records;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, employees, other agencies
and the public;
• Follow written and verbal instructions;
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
The mission of CARES is to maximize the quality of life for those affected with HIV/AIDS and to minimize the transmission of the disease. To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
c/o Lydia Marucco, Office Manager
629 Pioneer St
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org