All applicants: Please include cover letter that addresses what makes you suited to this position, and why you want to work for CARES.
The Office Administrator is responsible for providing support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Our busy staff requires administrative support on a variety of tasks related to documentation and organization, communication, and facilities maintenance. The individual works with the administrative team to review, revise and maintain systems and office equipment and to provide detailed assistance to our staff members. The Office Administrator works with Executive Director to ensure that building and grounds are welcoming, functional and safe.
• Organize office operations and maintain accurate documentation in both paper and electronic filing systems to support both administrative and client service functions. Recommend changes in office practices, procedures and filing systems when appropriate.
• Coordinate with IT service provider to ensure both improvements to and continuity of day-to-day services improvements; work with service provider to purchase new computer hardware and software.
• Order and organize office and facility supplies.
• Maintain and purchase office equipment and services as needed, including but not limited to telephones, printers, copiers. Dispose of equipment and supplies in an environmentally safe manner.
• Book accommodation for staff travel.
• Ensure building is safe, welcoming and maintained, manage vendors, negotiate and bid on maintenance services and building/property improvements, catering, furniture, equipment.
• Work independently or with a team on nonrecurring special projects, including, but not limited to, creation of forms, spreadsheets, and promotional event materials, Work with event team on fundraising events on a variety tasks that may vary based on the skills of the assembled team.
• Coordinate and manage database to support fund development. Keep management informed about fundraising results by reviewing, analyzing and summarizing donation result reports.
• Orient new employees to agency computer network, requisition processes, phone use, etc.
• Contribute to overall team efforts by working with and supporting other staff as needed.
Proven Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in following areas:
• Proven knowledge of administrative support functions. One-year certificate from college or technical school, 3 to 6 months related experience, or an equivalent combination of the two.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to work independently.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Familiarity with database and design software (such as Adobe InDesign) a plus.
• Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing the required tasks while seeking the perspective of others as required.
• Work as a team player to make a difference within the business as a whole.
• Readily handle change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and being open-minded and curious in the face of new challenges.
• Effective written communications skills.
• Highly proficient in office equipment, computer equipment, and administrative software use.
• Must possess a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation.
• Demonstrate tact, initiative and sound judgment under challenging circumstances
• Work well with people of diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Handle multi-tasking, interruptions and distractions without getting flustered
• Be task-oriented and incredibly organized
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, employees, other agencies and the public
• Communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and in written form.
• Create systems and solutions in office/agency processes and programs.
• Prepare reports, records and other documentation with accuracy and appropriate timeliness,
• Relate to people in a positive, informative and cooperative manner
• Organize several projects and/or areas of work simultaneously and efficiently.
• Apply critical thinking skills and independent decision making
Our mission is to maximize the quality of life for those affected with HIV/AIDS and to minimize the transmission of the disease.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Send cover and resume to Amy Bartell
629 Pioneer St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008