** To apply, email a cover letter and resume to the address at the bottom of the post**
Location: Primarily Kalamazoo, MI, some travel to our Benton Harbor, MI location
Reports To: Director of Operations
Travel Required: Occasional
The Office Administrator is responsible for providing support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Our busy staff requires administrative support on a variety of tasks related to documentation and organization, communication, and facilities maintenance. The individual works with the administrative team to review, revise and maintain systems and office equipment and to provide detailed assistance to our staff members. The Office Administrator works with Executive Director to ensure that building and grounds are welcoming, functional and safe.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems for administrative and client records
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence; make daily bank deposits
- Purchase and organize office, program and building supplies. Purchases may be done online or at locally
- Purchase and maintain office equipment such as telephones, printers, copiers and office furniture. Dispose of equipment and supplies in an environmentally safe manner
- Book hotel for staff travel to state trainings and conferences
- Ensure building, grounds and offices are safe, welcoming and maintained
- Work independently or with a team on nonrecurring special projects such as forms creation, spreadsheets, and promotional event materials.
- Contribute to overall team efforts by working with and supporting other staff as needed.
- Coordinate with IT service provider to ensure both improvements to and continuity of day-to-day services improvements; work with service provider to purchase new computer hardware and software
- Proven knowledge of administrative support functions. One-year certificate from college or technical school, 3 to 6 months related experience, or an equivalent combination of the two
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with database and design software (such as Adobe InDesign) a plus
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be taken and completing the required tasks while seeking the perspective of others as required
- Work as a team player to make a difference within the business as a whole
- Readily handle change through taking advantage of lifelong learning opportunities and being open-minded and curious in the face of new challenges
- Effective written communications skills
- Highly proficient in office equipment, computer equipment, and administrative software use.
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation
- Demonstrate tact, initiative and sound judgment under challenging circumstances
- Work well with people of diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Handle multi-tasking, interruptions and distractions without getting flustered
- Be task-oriented and incredibly organized
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, employees, other agencies and the public
- Communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and in written form.
- Create systems and solutions in office/agency processes and programs
- Prepare reports, records and other documentation with accuracy and appropriate timeliness,
- Relate to people in a positive, informative and cooperative manner
- Organize several projects and/or areas of work simultaneously and efficiently
- Apply critical thinking skills and independent decision making
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Our mission is to maximize the quality of life for those affected with HIV/AIDS and to minimize the transmission of the disease.
To apply, send cover letter and current resume to:
629 Pioneer St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008