Cover Letter Required
The purpose of the Medical Case manager is to link and retain HIV positive clients in medical care. These activities will be focused on initiating, linking and sustaining optimal HIV medical care for clients. This position will work with an HIV team to identify clients who are out of care, connect with those clients, assess their needs and refer them to appropriate internal and external services. Also, the case manager will assist with any barriers they have to their medical care. These barriers may include housing, mental health, substance abuse issues and transportation etc…
- Responsible for direct client service contacts and adherence to MDHHS Universal Standards and Standards for Medical and Non-Medical Standards Case Management in Michigan.
- Responsible for adherence assessments and working with clients not in treatment or attending doctor visits. Creates plan to troubleshoot issues for clients not in medical care or not medication-adherent.
- Functions as a member of a cohesive medical team, triaging client needs, participating in program planning and designing and implementing services. Reviews client cases each week and reviews care plans for efficacy.
- Serves as liaison to support coordination of care between infectious disease, obstetric, primary care, and medical management care providers; and work with MDHHS Partner Services (PS) as needed.
- Successfully complete and maintain the HIV case management certification process through MDHHS.
- Maintain a timely documentation of interactions with person affected by HIV as well as other work-related activities.
- Assist the Support Team in maintaining relationship with other resource providers, including agencies, organizations and professionals willing to provide services for persons affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Refer individuals to support group and other programs of CARES (POP, Tobacco Cessation) based on individual need or interest.
- Must refer clients to other programs within the agency.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, social work, health or related field and one year of case management experience;
- Previous social services/healthcare experience
- Can work independently
- Can work as a team member
- Previous experience working with the population a plus.
- Confidentiality –capable of maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality with regard to client and organizational information.
- Client Centered –capable of working with individuals to identify needs and priorities, and facilitate any positive change as a client defines that for themselves.
- Motivated –capable of taking the initiative and following a project through to completion. Capable of leading volunteer teams, as well as following and participating in the group process.
- Organized –capable of prioritizing needs, goals and objectives. Capable of following a logical path to achieve priorities. Capable of maintaining all required information/data for ease of access for staff and clients.
- Problem Solver –capable of thinking on the spot to resolve problem situations as they arise. Able to identify root causes, assess relevant information, identify a range of options, and make recommendations for resolution of problem situations.
- Non-biased –provide services to clients without judgment.
The mission of CARES is to minimize further transmission of HIV and to maximize the quality of life for all people affected by HIV.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Send cover letter and resume to VHatcher@CARESswm.org